Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a Russian Samovar (brass) including bottom tray and

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Russian Samovar (brass) including bottom tray and drip bowl (also brass) the front and top plate of the Samovar has numerous engraved circular markings. In addition, I have a Russian Icon that was broken in half during transit and will require a restoration. Both items were obtained and shipped in the early 70's while I was assigned to the American Embassy in Moscow. I am anxious to know the value of these relics. If you do not do appraisals on these particular items, I would very much appreciate your giving me a contact that does. Thank you!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research up-to-date data to give the most accurate answer.

Sometimes my customers click the wrong button when they really do not want a "live conversation." Please be careful what choices you click on.

I can only take one type item per question. I will be happy to take the Samovar.

I would be happy to help you with the Russian icon but you will need to submit it in a second, separate question.

If you wish me to proceed, please let me know.

I will need photos of the Samovar, front and back. I would also like a close-up photo of the circular markings.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page

I will also need the size of the Samovar.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Doris