Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

ALAN
, WE JUST HAD RE FRAMED A H BURNS OIL PAINTING IT

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** -- HI ALAN
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: WE JUST HAD RE FRAMED A H BURNS OIL PAINTING IT IS OF A VERY CLOSE GUM TREE WITH A BUSH SCENE AND A RIVER A LONG WAY BELOW. OFF IN THE DISTANCE THERE IS SEMI CLEARED LAND WITH A LOT OF EARLY MORNING MIST. THE EARLY SUN IS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE CLOSE GUM PLUS ITS SHOWING IN OTHER PLACES.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: 1MX75CM OK HOW LONG --. I CAME FROM OZ 35 YRS AGO TO NZ -
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research up-to-date data to give the most accurate answer.

Sometimes my customers click the wrong button when they really do not want a "live conversation." Please be careful what choices you click on.

Alan no longer works on this site. I hope you do not object to my taking your question.

To give you the most accurate answer, I need a photo of your painting as well as a close-up of the artist's signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

What is the size of your painting inside the frame? Do not remove the painting from its frame.

Kind regards,

Doris