Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a lead crystal bowl that was my grandma, its part of

Customer Question

Hi I have a lead crystal bowl that was my grandma, its part of a huge crystal set.my mom & her sisters got 3pieces, no one knows nothing bout what brand,how old,ect iam trying to find out bout my 3pieces so when I pass it down to my daughter I will be able to tell her bout where it was made & how old,can u please help me?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

This is a late 19th century "ABP" or American Brilliant Period cut crystal glass bowl. Sometimes the maker mark is lightly acid etched on a flat surface area on the underside of the bowl, however, for the most part, they are unmarked. Determining the maker involves matching the design style of the flowers and center star pattern to known maker ABP glass. In general, the high value on today's market is $100 - $200. These were selling for significantly higher a few decades ago.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora