rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I am donating a Bassett cherry china hutch to the Salvation

Customer Question

I am donating a Bassett cherry wood china hutch to the Salvation Army. For tax purposes, could I please get an estimate of value. I bought it in 2003, original owner 84"H x 62"L x 18"W. It is in perfect condition but too large for my new home and most folks that have come by to take a look at it.
Tess
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  rarewares replied 11 months ago.

For tax purposes, the value of your Bassett 2003 cherry wood hutch with three doors and glass doors is $600.00.

You might also consider contacting your local auction house and consigning it to them. They would pick it up, sell it, then you would get a check 14 to 45 days later minus the 15 to 20% commission. You can find a local auctioneer by putting "auctioneer in *your nearest large city*" .

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.

I see that you have read my answer. I wonder what you decided to do with your hutch? I do hope i have helped. The site only shares a portion with me if you click the stars to rate me, please do follow through and click the five stars. Thank you so much!