Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have 2 clocks I would like more information about.

Customer Question

I have 2 clocks I would like more information about. IMG_8801.jpeg. It is a mantle clock with etched spider web with spider on the front glass. Made by Gilbert clock company. Before Gilbert clock company are the letters WMI or W?1. Not sure.
The other is a grandfather clock with the front dial just saying new haven USA. I haven't figured out how to attach photos to this message. I can send them in an email. I have read about the New Haven Clock company on the internet but not sure if works only made by that company or the entire clock and the time period.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising antique clocks for over 40 years, and I can help you with this.

The Gilbert clock is considered a kitchen clock. It is circa 1870 and would sell for $150-200 in good working order.
Can you post a photo of the grandfather clock?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0