rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

Did Gorham ever make a silverplate pattern named Prince

Customer Question

Did Gorham ever make a silverplate pattern named Prince Ugene? I have a pattern by Alvin in sterling called Prince Eugene and found a listing for Prince Eugene that is called silverplate but is Prince Eugene and looks like my sterling, did agora, make Prince Eugene silverplate?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Alvin's profitable Colonial reproductions brought it in direct competition with the prominent Gorham Company of Providence, Rhode Island. Gorham prudently negotiated the purchase of Alvin’s dies in 1928. Form this time, the Prince Eugene pattern, which is sterling, not silver plate, was manufacturer by Alvin-Gorham. Alvin had also a silver plate version of this pattern, so you can find silver plated units of this pattern made by Alvin. Y

You can easily distinguish both for the marks, as the silver plated units have a different mark, usually EPNS o indicate it's silver plated.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!