rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have what I think may be a silver stand bowl. It is

Customer Question

I have what I think may be a silver stand for a bowl. It is rectangular and has the initials FBR inside and the number 1152 engraved into the piece. It has legs and a bowl that sits in the stand. My mother was given the piece by the owner of the Nissen Bldg in Winston Salem, N C in the 1950's. it is quite heavy for it's size. How can I tell if it is silver?Thanks
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Please add pictures of the piece and of the marks by using the add files feature on your screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have the capacity on my computer to send the additional information you requested. Please remove the charge from my credit card and disregard my question. Thank you.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I can still try without. If the words sterling or the number 925 are not on the piece anywhere, it is not silver but would be silver plated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. When I agreed to the charge, I did not intend to sign up for a monthly fee. Please be sure I am not charged an additional charge on my account. Thank you.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I understand. I am an expert and I use the site like you do. I have no connection to the billing or to your account other than an access to the question that you have asked.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer, so that we can at least close the question.