Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

We live in Honolulu, Hawaii, and have recently donated to a

Customer Question

We live in Honolulu, Hawaii, and have recently donated to a local temple our 60 years' collection of antique Judaica religious artifacts and a library of relevant books (some autographed). Temple Emanuel has given us a receipt for what we have actually spent over the past 60 years assembling the collection (a little over $25,000). However, we need a professional estimate for tax purposes. There appear to be no local experts for Judaica. We've kept a record of the date and price paid for all items. If we sent you a list and photographs, could you give us a current valuation?
Giveon *********, Ph.D.
*******@*****.***
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What I want is to send you a list of the items donated and photos of each item. Can you give me a written estimate based on these materials?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We're both (my wife and I) 89. Married soon after I got out of military (RAF in WW2) and celebrated 69th anniversary last November. Unfortunately my hearing is poor, and I prefer email.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello

I am sorry to say this, but this cannot be done online. For a collection such as this, worth this much money will have to be appraised in person. The appraiser will have to give you a written report for tax purposes. This is the IRS Rules.

You say there are no experts in Honolulu. Have you tried Art Historian Appraisers, or Fine Art Appraisers? There are appraisers who can value this for you. I have a list of a few appraisers, that I have recommended in the past. Also a list of places you might contact to find someone. If you like I can supply with this list?

Glenda