Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My Maternal Grandfather a tailor in Mpls Mn received a stein

Customer Question

My Maternal Grandfather a tailor in Mpls Mn received a stein as a holiday gift from the tavern he frequented, on the front it is engraved "MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR BILLY F.O'HERN, 1910 MINNEAPOLIS, MINN" on the rim of the stein it shows the marking 0,4L followed by three dots one above the other I see no other markings of any kind.The stein is in extremely fine condition and has no damage of any kind to either the stein or the pewter top, as I approach my eightieth birthday and am deciding who should have it next I am curious as to it's value if any and would be grateful for anything you might tell me about it. Thank you= Bill Nichols
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 11 months ago.

Hi Bill,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Please provide clear pictures of your stein and of the markings on it. We have different methods of doing that, and one may work for you.

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.