Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I want to know about an antique bedside table that has a

Customer Question

I want to know about an antique bedside table that has a drawer and a cabinet with a ceramic insert that curves in the back with a hole at the top.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 11 months ago.

Hello
Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you provide a picture of any metal part-nail, screws..etc-of the furniture?

Also, could you inspect the furniture to try to locate the manufacturer label or mark if present?

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ther is no label or mark - I searched everywhere. I see no screws or nails. I sent a picture of the ceramic inside earlier and I just sent one of the whole cabinet.

Unfortunately I'm out of ideas, I will opt out the question so another expert can come and help you.

Thanks

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 11 months ago.

.
Please Note: I do not do phone calls~

I will not request a phone call !

If you get that in an email do not click that, it is not from me!

There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct honest appraisal.

I will not ever request a phone call!
.

Can you send a picture of the whole table?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I sent one earlier but I guess it didn't work. I will send it again. Thank you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is the top
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Inside

Hello

This is an Antique French Commode Bedside table, the inside is actually Porcelain Enamel, they used to keep the Chamber Pots in the bottom of the table. The French came up with lining them with porcelain enamel for sanitary purposes. The hole is just a means of ventilation from what I can find. Are you wanting the current market value for this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
please and thank you!

.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars!

.
The Antique French BedSide Commode Table, Porcelain Lined, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $700.00-850.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
PS:
I would greatly appreciate it if you took a moment to rate my answer to you. You do so by clicking the stars, this is the only way I am paid for my time answering your question. Doing so does not cost you any additional money, I am paid by the Just Answer site, not the customer.

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this questions, as I see it is not rated yet. If there was a problem with the answer I provided for you?
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda

I see you are viewing my postings to you, is there something else I can help you with on this question, that will help me get a rating on this?
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda