Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have another painting by J Valois. This painting is 16x24.

Customer Question

I have another painting by J Valois. This painting is 16x24. It was reframed about 15 yrs ago. There is no damage to the canvas.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

There is no so much information about the artist only J. VALOIS - French - Impressionist landscaper. This is normal for local artists, where there is almost no information about the artist life.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 200-300$.

If you want to sell the unit I would recommend to sell them on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. You can also sell the lot locally, Craigslist is free, and a lot of collectors look at the ads on Craiglist.

Keep in mind if you sell the unit to a resell shop, the price will decrease 20-30% from market value.

You can sell the item on Etsy, it's like you put the item in a online shop. You may also check Amazon Market Place. Both places have good reputation, and you can easily sell the items for a good price.

Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise, please, remember to rate my answer!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am sending a link to this artist and another work very similar to this one.
http://www.arcadja.com/auctions/en/private/valois_j/artworks/421267/0/
Tamela

Thanks for the link Tamela. May I help you with anything else?

Please, your rating is required to finish. Kindly use the star system located upwards to rate my answer!

Thanks

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You thanked me for the link to another painting similar by the same artist for several thousand dollars. Are you going to re-evaluate the painting?

I will opt out the question so another expert can come and help you

Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research up-to-date data to give the most accurate answer.

Sometimes my customers click the wrong button when they really do not want a "live conversation." Please be careful what choices you click on.

What is the medium the artist used to create the painting?

Do your measurements include the frame/mat? If so, I need the measurements inside the frame. Do not remove the frame from the canvas. If need be, approximate.

Kind regards,

Doris

Please ignore the rating stars until we have finished valuing your painting.

Kind regards.

Doris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The inside measurement is 17 1/2 x 23 1/2. The medium is oil on canvas. I sent the other guy a link to the piece that looks like the same girl. See above link. Thank You, Tamela

I saw that link but only saw an auction house estimate of what it might sell for, not an actual selling price, In fact, all the paintings listed for Jean Valois (J Valois) on arcadja did not sell.

Please look again at the listings and get back to me.

Kind regards,

Doris