Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I actually have two issues, but one will have to wait until

Customer Question

Customer: I actually have two issues, but one will have to wait until I get my image out of the tube. I won't do that until next month when I send it to be framed. My dealer has instructed me to handle it as little as possible to prevent it from tearing. That piece is by D. Kidder. Its riotous and surreal and I bought it because I liked it and it was in my price range. However, most of things I purchase from this individual are priced below market. Therefore, I like to have someone take a look at them to be sure they ***** *****"t need to be listed on my insurance policy. More on the Kidder next month.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: For now, I would like information on the Jean Poklop I purchased along with the Kidder. It is a watercolor cityscape, probably an early piece as it is more impressionistic than surreal. The image appears to be viewed from a rain-soaked window. It was $300 framed. The size of the image is 13.5 X 8 inches. My name is ***** ***** the way, not ***** *****. I just want to make sure it doesn't need to be insured. I have images if you need them. The picture is of a U.S. city waterfront, not like the early image from France that is online. I know that one was valued at $200. I just think, although it is early, my piece is more skillfully rendered so it might be of higher value. Thanks, Sue
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure, but my name is ***** ***** ***** *****. Thanks.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research up-to-date data to give the most accurate answer.

Sometimes my customers click the wrong button when they really do not want a "live conversation." Please be careful what choices you click on.

Alan no longer works on this site. I hope you do not object to my taking your question.

You have asked about two paintings in one question,

I can only answer about one painting in each question.

If you agree with those terms, please let me know. Then I can proceed with answering your question about the Poktop.

Kind regards,

Doris