Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraisals
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I am in need of an urgent appraisal. Had water damage to my

Customer Question

I am in need of an urgent appraisal.
Had water damage to my empire bow front dresser and was told when we received it that it was an expensive piece. I have no clue but the insurance adjuster is coming in the morning and I have no proof. Any help would be great.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research up-to-date data to give the most accurate answer.

Sometimes my customers click the wrong button when they really do not want a "live conversation." Please be careful what choices you click on.

Thank you for the information and photo.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I will have an answer fr tonight in about 40 minutes.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

From my research of 19thC Empire bow front chests, I was able to determine a value of $5800 for yours assuming good condition.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

Thank you.

Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Hi there!

Did my assessment get to you in time for your insurance adjuster's visit?

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Let me know,
Kind regards,
Doris