rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have three golden antique frames with paintings inside

Customer Question

They are small size set of three with old paintings in frames i dont want to open back but wanted to see if there was a signature of some sort but dont want to ruin the value if any
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am wanting to know th e value of these painting and perhaps who the artist may be
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

All three of these are reproduction prints of famous George Romney paintings. George Romney (English, 1734-1802) was a famous portrait painter. The prints were created in the 1915 to 1925 time period and were likely put into these older frames at some other point in time. The prints are worth about $10 each, but the frames are worth $125 each as they are from the late 1800's and look to be in good condition.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.