Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I am trying to identify how much Lefton hand painted China

Customer Question

Hi, I am trying to identify how much Lefton hand painted China is worth. My Grandma has a cabinet full of it. It is bone white China, with hand painted flowers on it. All of the China contains a red sticker that says Lefton Trade Mark, exclusive, Japan. Then in the middle or side of each piece there is in gold Lefton China, then a crown in the middle, Hand painted, followed by some numbers under it such as KW6412 or KW3182. Story is these are all approx 50 years old are were purchased in Jewlery Stores. Where would I go to find the value of these pieces... There are about 50 pieces or so to look up... Most of which are in MINT condition.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research up-to-date data to give the most accurate answer.

Sometimes my customers click the wrong button when they really do not want a "live conversation." Please be careful what choices you click on.

In a preliminary search, I am not able to find your hand painted pattern. Often these types of hand decorated Lefton china were fairly limited in number.

If you send me a photo of the pattern as well as the marks on the bottom, I can determine values from similar patterns about the same age.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HI Doris,I've attached some photos

Thank you for for the photos.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I should be back in 30 minutes.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not s a problem, appreciate your help!!!!

You are welcome.

Kind regards,

Doris

I am going to give you prices for the pieces I see in the photo. If you have more, let me know.

All prices are based on small, medium and large and are in USA dollars.

Pitchers - 10 (tiny),, 44, 60, 80, 84, 90

Vases - 16, 26, 37, 44, 65

Shoes - same as vases

Swans - 10, 30, 50

Baskets - 20, 38, 44

Lamp - 80

Again, please let me know if you have more. I did the best I could from the photo.

Your marks date your pattern 1960s.

If you would like to sell close to retail , some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Set up your own small store on this site.

Etsy.com - small fees - 20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.

EBay would give you wholesale prices, not the retail I gave.

A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Doris

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

If not, let me know how I can help you.

Doris