LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I am r maximal youngest nephew. My mother was sister Nellene

Customer Question

I am r maximal youngest nephew. My mother was sister Nellene Ballinger Wilson 2nd older sister. He the youngest (he&twinRex) of eight children of E B (Emmett &Rebecca(Needman Ballinger ). I have 3 small pieces of his work. I was only in the 4 th grade of school when he died. He was in Madrid Spain when he passed in his sleep the night before he was to speak with King Ferdinand about the atomic energy program. His request to be cremated was completed, it was a month, before the remains were returned to the states. His cremains were placed in Slagle Cemetery in Polk County near Bolivar, Mo. If you could advise me how to purchase some traditional land scapes ( would like color) pieces I would be very grateful. My mother home burnt and we lost all of the pieces she had. Thank you in advance.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. Please allow me to do some research and I will post back here promptly with my findings. You should be able to check here in an hour for the links to buy. Thank you and I look forward to helping you.

To confirm:

Maxil Ballinger

(born 1914)

Maxil Ballinger is active/lives in Indiana, Missouri. Maxil Ballinger is known for mod figure-genre, graphics.

I am just trying to confirm your uncles name? Maxil Ballinger?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I
Have
Paid 47.00 to have tell me some info please your job TY.

I am not done with this I am searching for his paintings to give you links to view and buy if you wish. I am not done researching data bases for you. I will post back here upon completion.

Hello, I have been searching all data bases I have to find Ballinger art pieces for sale. Currently there are no paintings for sale. I have listed two sites below that list his paintings when they are for sale. One you can register and they will notify you the second link you would need to check often to see when any of his paintings are for sale.

I have searched all sites and have found no paintings for sale anywhere.

http://fineestateart.com/artists/maxil_ballinger

the above link you sign up to buy his paintings s they become available this site notifies you of what they have found and will allow you to view and seek purchase if interested.

http://www.antiquesandfineart.com/artists/inventory.cfm?id=188578

the site above lists his paintings when they are for sale. you will just need to check it often to see when anyone has a listing for sale.

also you will want to try ebay.com as several of his sketches, paintings and prints have sold in the past on ebay. Currently there are none up for sale.

http://www.qart.com/category.aspx?srch=maxil-ballinger

here is a site that sells his works also however right now none are listed.

Ballinger values:

Title---Child with Blocks/Man drinking Wine

Artist Maxil Ballinger

Category

Print-Multiple Medium

Woodcut in colors (2)

Hammer price 850.00

Price including buyer's premium
with/without taxes

Distinguishing marks- Signed

Size 8 x 10"

Qty 2

Sales date ----17 Dec 2001

paintings have auction values of 900-15000.00 depending on size and subject

I have found very little information on his life.

If I can be of further service please let me know as I am happy to help always.

**************

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site:

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.

Hello, I was wondering if I may be of further service. I am happy to answer any questions you may have on this please fell free to contact me here if I may help. Thank you and happy new year.