LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a oil painting of a southwest hacienda with beautiful

Customer Question

I have a ***** ***** oil painting of a southwest hacienda with beautiful bougainvilleas. I am trying to find a quick way to get it appraised.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. What are the measurements of the paonting? Can you post a photo of the signature also please. This helps in my evaluation for you. Thank you I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
24 x 30. The signature is at the lower left corner of the photo that I uploaded. Here is another view.

Thank you so much. This does help I appreciate it. I will post back once I have completed this evening.

Hello, thank you again for the photos. Here is the artist

Richard Murray

(1902 - 1984)

Richard Arthur Crossthwaite Murray was active/lived in New York / United Kingdom. Richard Murray is known for painting.

The painting is valued at $2,800-3,200.00 in todays market

If I may be of further help please let me know. I am always happy to help.

*******************

*

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site:

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, not Richard Murray. The artist is ***** *****, born in Jacksonville, Texas in 1947 and grew up in Houston. He has been in Santa Fe, NM since 1986.

Hello, I am so sorry. Thank you for the correction. i now have the correct ***** *****.

Taken from his website:

About 1985, Murphy moved to Santa Fe, New Mexico, to began a career as a fine artist.

"When I decided I wanted to paint, I studied the artists all over the United States. I found the Southwest artists were the ones I identified with the most and the area had the most inspiring landscapes anyone could hope for."

Since 1985, Richard has been painting and showing in some of the finest galleries in the southwest. He is one of the premier artists in the country.

Constantly looking for new challenges in life and art, Richard now is living in a small colonial village in Mexico.

"I find Mexico offers a lot to an artist. It is a beautiful country with wonderful people. When my daughter was 5 years old I brought her here on a painting trip. Her childhood was spent in Mexico and Santa Fe. Now that she is an adult, I am fortunate to be able to live and work in this beautiful village."

***** *****'s paintings are included in numerous corporate and private collections in the United States and abroad.

This painting you have has a value of $1,800-2,200.00.

I am sorry I confused the two artists. Thank you again.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The purchase value was $4,250. Does this matter?

Hello, thank you for the information. I am emailing the artist himself. I will post back here promptly when I hear from him. Thank you again and Merry Christmas.