Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

While serving in Pakistan as a Diplomat from 1992 to 1996, I

Customer Question

While serving in Pakistan as a Diplomat from 1992 to 1996, I found a stone/ironware drinking cup completely intact with some kind of language on it. I retired recently and have time now to explore its orgin. I found it in the Indus River near Chilas, Gilget on September 14, 1993. Several years ago I sent an email to The Harappan Civilization sudies of Pakistan and never received an answer. I am curious as to its origin and if I should send it to an historian to have it appraised or put into a Museum. I have pictures of it to send if interested
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

This is the type of item that would need to be examined in-person. I can recommend places to contact in the US for you if you like, or keep your question open to all the experts.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

~Nora