Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I obtained an old painting from a house that was being torn

Customer Question

i obtained an old painting from a house that was being torn down...it was laying on the floor face down covered in dust...the house was from mid 1800s. its on canvas and smells very musty. its on a simple wooden frame and almost falling off of it. i cant find any kind of signature...other than a coupleof little scribbles in the bottom right corner but i can read what it says. its an old bearded man smoking a pipe, wearing a beret type hat, aruffled collar red and white coat. id like to send pictures and find out what it might be.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a certified appraiser here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. Yes please post photos of the front back and signature close up and clear if possible. I will need to know the measurements also of the painting itself. Thank you I look forward to helping you. You may post the photos here within our post or email to***@******.*** and in the subject line please put for ladytanya65 in antiques they will forward them to me. It can take a day or two for photos to reach me this way.