AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

My name is ***** *****. I inherited a vase and am trying to

Customer Question

Customer: Hi. My name is ***** *****. I inherited a vase and am trying to figure out its value.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is Chinese. The bottom has a four character red mark with a thin red box inside of a thicker red box around it. After doing some internet research the character translate to Qianlong Nian Zhi.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How long do you think the wait is?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have taken some pictures that I attached.
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser and I'd be happy to help.

The red stamp is a copy of the Qing Qianlong Dynasty seal mark from the 18th century, but use of this particular stamp actually indicates that the item was made around 1950-1975. The bright pink coloration also indicates this date--true famille rose from earlier periods would have been a much softer hue.

The value would be approximately $30-$40.

Sincerely,

Jennifer