Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a French Limoges set of ten dinner plates. On the

Customer Question

I have a French Limoges set of ten dinner plates. On the back is a stamped circle within which are the letters LS&S Limoges France. There is another small circle with a star inside. Can you identify the maker?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Yes, The mark in a circle dates the plates from 1890 to 1920, and is the product of Straus, Lewis, & Sons. Their pieces were professionally decorated, hand-painted. Straus exported from Limoges, France, as well as Austria, to its New York office.

.

If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
PS:
I would greatly appreciate it if you took a moment to rate my answer to you. You do so by clicking the stars, this is the only way I am paid for my time answering your question. Doing so does not cost you any additional money, I am paid by the Just Answer site, not the customer.