Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have an old book titled "The Martyred Church", by F Gill.

Customer Question

I have an old book titled "The Martyred Church", by William F Gill. From 1873. A bookplate from William L Wainwright is on the cover back. A note dated December 25, '73 is on the next page. To Wainwright from M A Wilson. The book cover is slightly challenged, and the pages I would call pristine for the age. Pages are gold edged. Illustrations have intact tissue flaps.
A lovely book, any value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 11 months ago.

.
My name is***** will be happy to help you.
.
Please Note: I do not do phone calls~ I will not request a phone call ! If you get that in an email do not click that, it is not from me! There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct honest appraisal. I will not ever request a phone call!
.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars!

.

The "The Martyred Church", by William F Gill. 1873 has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $115.00-120.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
PS:
I would greatly appreciate it if you took a moment to rate my answer to you. You do so by clicking the stars, this is the only way I am paid for my time answering your question. Doing so does not cost you any additional money, I am paid by the Just Answer site, not the customer.

Hello

Did you need something else on this or having any problems rating it? If I can help you more let me know.

Glenda

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this questions, as I see it is not rated yet. If there was a problem with the answer I provided for you?
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda