LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

Greetings, Trying to find out if an early lithograph of E.

Customer Question

Greetings,
Trying to find out if an early lithograph of E. Oppers' The Fire Engine on Main Street has any value. It was once apart of the Rhode Island School of Designs' Museum of Art collection. It is in perfect condition.
Thank you,
Brad
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 11 months ago.

Hello i would be happy to help you. My name is***** am one of the certified appraisers here. Do you have a photo of the lthograph you could post for my review. This helps in evaluating the piece thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a photograph, will send now. TY
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry, sent it twice, not so hot on computer.

Hello thank you and what are the measurements of the lithograph? This all helps in evaluating the piece. I appreciate your help.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Tanya,Sorry for the delay, having issues with the computer. Anyway the measurements are 30 x 22 roughly inside the matt.
it was, at one time, I guess, a part of the Rhode Island School of Design's Museum of Art collection.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Did you get the photograph ok?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello Tanya, are you still there.

Hi yes I did get the two photos we are having a huge storm right now and I was kicked off line. I am sorry I missed you. I will post back here shortly and if I am not able to I will post as soon as I can. Winter has hit in northern California

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, Tayna,
I understand, at least you will have a snowy Christmas. We'll chat then. Good luck with the snow.

I should be able to post the power is back on

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Tanya,have you been able to find any information regarding my question?

Hello, Yes I have now gotten all the information I can find on this. The lithograph you have is framed and in excellent condition. The value is 250.00-300.00 and the following below I found from an auction one of these sold at three years ago.

AN EARLY REPRODUCTION LITHOGRAPH PRINT OF THE ORIGINAL OIL PAINTING "FIRE ENGINE", by E. Opper, copyright by the New York Graphics Society Fine Arts Publishers, titled: "Fire Engine - Main Street, Elizabeth, New Jersey", E. Opper, Museum of Art, Providence, RI, depicting a circa 1880s street scene of a steam Amoskeag horse-drawn fire engine with fire chief in horse-drawn carriage racing to fire with store buildings in background, excited and not-so-excited pedestrians all in vivid colors with fine detailing.

Thank you and if i may be of further service please let me know. I am always happy to help.

********

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site:

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.