Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I'm trying to get more information about some carved

Customer Question

Customer: I'm trying to get more information about some carved furniture that has been handed down in our family. The story is that our grandparents or perhaps they're parents had the furniture shipped from Europe. It's wooden frame with carved faces on the arms. The seats/backs are upholstered.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: How would I go about finding out more information and perhaps having their value appraised?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes. Is there a way to submit pictures?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 1 year ago.

Good day my name is Tim.

I am a Certified IRS Qualified Fine Art Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you.

The current market for carved heavy furniture is soft. The furniture of choice is midcentury modern. If you wish to proceed I will look at yours and give you an idea of its current estimated value.

Please tell me more. Where did the family come from and when. How many pieces are there.

I need to see images of the furniture. Please include the whole item, images of the carving and underneath.

To send photos.

For instructions for this site go to:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

or to use another site such as:

www.imgur.com or https://www.flickr.com/

If you use another site please copy and paste the url with your response.