Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

What is the worth of 2 French antique 24 Karat gold lamps

Customer Question

what is the worth of 2 French antique 24 Karat gold lamps from around the late 1800's or early 1900's. There is a picture of 2 woman sitting in a field, either in porcelain or ceramic, that is in the center of the lamp.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

.
My name is***** will be happy to help you.
.
Please Note: I do not do phone calls~

I will not request a phone call ! If you get that in an email do not click that, it is not from me!

There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct honest appraisal.

I will not ever request a phone call!
.
Do these have any marks under the bottom?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, there are no marks under the bottom of the lamp, the thing is there is writing that is written towards the bottom of the lamp but not on the bottom of the lamp, it is on the stem portion is that it is made in France. The very bottom of the lamp has burgundy soft felt like material that is glued to the underneath of the lamp.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you, ***** ***** what I thought but needed to be sure.

.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars!

.
The Pair of Lamps marked 24Kt Gold, France were produced in France, early 1900's around 1915 Victorian with 24kt Gold Paint. Gold paint is the mixture of 24kt Gold dust with a paint base, applied to porcelain fired to create a beautiful gold finish. The lamps have an estimated value on the current market for an average of $375.00-425.00 each, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
PS:
I would greatly appreciate it if you took a moment to rate my answer to you. You do so by clicking the stars, this is the only way I am paid for my time answering your question. Doing so does not cost you any additional money, I am paid by the Just Answer site, not the customer.

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Did you need something else on this or having any problems rating it? If I can help you more let me know.

Glenda

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this questions, as I see it is not rated yet. If there was a problem with the answer I provided for you?
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda