rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

We have a watch in gold the make is Rolex swiss made

Customer Question

We have a watch in gold the make is Rolex swiss made movement in a Star Dennison watch case with the number 960780. Closed face doubled backed, with Ruby and Saphires 15 jewell. About 1930's to 40's approx. in good working condition.
We also have a Golay & Sons ltd no. 186 with a movable bezel with roman numerals. Stamped on the back is H^ S 4 the ^mark has a straight line under it like an pointing arrow.
I think it is some kind of army marking maybe. working condition swiss movement, eight to ten jewels mainly ruby. once again 1930's to 1940's.
We appreciate your time on this matter
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

I would need the serial number of the clock's movements, rather than the case. The "Star Dennison watch case with the number 960780" refers to the watch case, but not to the watch itself.

About the other clock, you have a HS^4 navigation watch. The HS^4 Navigation Watch, was used by aircraft in the Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm, Fairey Swordfish aircraft, from 1940 to approximately 1942. . The watch was mounted on the aircraft dashboard using a bakelite holder. The watch was used for navigation purposes and the aircraft position could be calculated using the radio signal from a aircraft carrier or ground position 'Beacon North' signal.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 1,100-1,300$ for the HS^4.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!