Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have the tops of a pair of Old Sheffield, III, silver

Customer Question

I have the tops of a pair of Old Sheffield, George III, silver plate candelabral circa 1810. The candlestick bottoms were lost. Is there anyone who would buy them? I don't want to throw them away.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research up-to-date data to give the most accurate answer.
Besides there are extra system charges to you for live conversations.

I was going to recommend the dealers in the Silver Vaults before I saw you planned to contact one of them already.

You could try each one. There is a list with contact information at this address.

http://silvervaultslondon.com/

L. Langford is listed at vaults 8-10.

There used to be some resistance to using the internet among some of these dealers.

Another dealer that might be interested is found at

http://www.danddantiques.com/

Most of these dealers sell OSP (old sheffield plate) but some still insist on selling only sterling.

Contact these dealers via email along with photos and history of purchase.

When I used to travel to the UK four times a year, I would always visit the Silver Vaults.

I am very familiar with the dealers there.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty or site charges - both are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Remember, please do not rate me if you feel you need more information.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

Thank you.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Doris

Hi there!

Do you have more questions about your items that would help?

Let me know,
Kind regards,
Doris