rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

A 14ct gold ring with 3 diamonds in the center and 24ct gold

Customer Question

A 14ct gold ring with 3 diamonds in the center and 24ct gold nuggets across the top on both sides made by a jeweler named Spitz in Oakland Calif around 1976.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 11 months ago.

This is a 14k ring with three round brilliant prong-set diamonds with the center stone looking like approx. .20 ct and the two surrounding diamonds to be .10ct for a total carat weight of .40ctw. The ring is textured with a nugget finish, but this is all 14k gold, and was a common technique used in jewelry in the 1970's. The jeweler Spitz is a chain jeweler and is still in business in Walnut Creek, California. This vintage 14k diamond men's ring has a current value of $260 to $350.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.

I see that you have read my answer. Did you have any other questions concerning this piece? If not, let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate my service. Merry Christmas and thank you so much!