rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have 2 Cecile water colors signed in ink. We cannot find

Customer Question

Hi. I have 2 Cecile Johnson water colors signed in ink. We cannot find the names of the paintings due to the water colors still attached to the poster boards. They are approximately 7in X 15in. I also have a massive FAUCHER oil painting on canvas which is approx 4'4 in in length by 3'6ish in width. I haven't been able to find much info on Faucher, but the name of the oil is butterflies & floral. We hVe a smaller Faucher on oil canvas, but with no signature. It kind of reminds me of maybe a practice painting as it resembles the butterflies & floral somewhat. Any info you could give would be helpful, & do you think I should take these to my nearest dealer to sell??? I also have a painting of a black woman, painted on wood, no signature, but very beautiful on the wood....TY in advance for any help!! Chrissy B.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 11 months ago.

I do one item per question, so I will do the one that you have a photo of. This is a watercolor painting by Cecile Ryden Johnson (NY and Minnesota, 1916-2010). Cecile is known for sport action paintings as well as landscapes. Recent sales for watercolors on paper of a landscape scene puts your piece at a value of $1200 to $1800 us dollars.

For your other piece, it would be best to start a new question with pictures.

Since we are done with this one, it is important for you to click the stars now that you have read my answer.