rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Im ***** *****.
, I have some english silver items that

Customer Question

Customer: Hello Im ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have some english silver items that I was looking to find out if its plated or sterling. It is English silver manufacturing corp, made in USA, also has a trianglier stamp on back with MRS f lower case and s lower case below it. how can I tell?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Thank you for the description. I will also need photos to more accurately assess the silver. You can do this by using the ADD FILES button that should be on your screen. I will need a photo of the item (s) and of the mark on the bottom. I will answer fully once I have seen the photos (please allow a little time for me to respond).

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
here are three pics

This is the mark of the English Silver MFG Corp of Brooklyn, New York. This company produced silver plated items only from 1952 to 1990. The marks that they used over their years in business were intended to look like the items came from England (lions, shields, etc) but this company actually made economical lower-grade table items for the US market. This piece you have is a covered server that once had a glass insert dish. This piece is from the mid 1960's and has a value of $30.00 us dollars.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.

If we are done here, let's close the question by having you click the stars to rate my service today. Thank you!