rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

My neighbor passed at 102 and left me a piece. I know

Customer Question

My neighbor passed at 102 and left me a piece. I know nothing about it other than the frame has a date of 1923. Her family presented to her 6th grade class to hang. There are two signatures but I can't make them out.
Looks midevil Art maybe Spain?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I added more files
Expert:  rarewares replied 11 months ago.

This is a print of a famous painting by American artist Edwin Austin Abbey (1851 to 1911) entitled Galahad's Departure, an illustration/mural that he did for The Quest of the Holy Grail in 1898. It was a large mural series at the Boston Public Library. It looks that the print is a Copley Print by Curtis and Cameron in 1901. In any event, this is not an original but a lithograph or print. This piece has a value of $150.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can refrain
Thank you so much
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have another item I'm clueless about and will get back in touch with you

You are welcome. Please click the stars so that the site will compensate me for my time and knowledge.

You can start a new question and ask about the next item there. Ask for rarewares when you do. I will only be able to answer another after this one is closed (click those stars for me!). Thanks so much.

If we are done with this piece of art, let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate my service. Thank you!