Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have acquired a Persian rug that was purchased in Iran by

Customer Question

I have acquired a Persian rug that was purchased in Iran by my great uncle many years ago. It's in excellent condition, with a tag that is very faded and worn but the words 'made in Iran' are readable. I'd like to get a good appraisal before letting it go to auction.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

What is the size and can you please provide images of the front, back (so I can see knots-per-inch and the tag.

~Nora

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
These are all I have at the time. As for the size I think I remember my mother saying its a 9x11, but the tag is worn so I'll have to unroll it and measure. I'll get more pictures at that time to send. Tomorrow is the earliest I can do that.
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

I can recommend some rug dealers for you to contact. In the meantime, I will open your question to all the experts at no additional charge so you can get more opinions. If someone knows the answer, they will respond to you here on this thread. You do not need to re-post your question.

~Nora

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello

As I am familiar with this rug, woven in Iran it appears to be from the early part of the 20thC,. I would be happy to value this for you what it would sell for if you sold it on the current market .

Glenda