Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I am advertising a cupboard from the 1860's period with

Customer Question

I am advertising a cupboard from the 1860's period with original hardware and paint. It has unpainted walnut or hickory shelves and unpainted back with plank boards. It's from the Shenandoah Valley, from a family farm. What do you believe a reasonable value would be?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research up-to-date data to give the most accurate answer.
Besides there are extra system charges to you for live conversations.

Please send me a photo of your cupboard.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Here are some photos Doris.

Thank you for the information.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I should be back in 30 minutes.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

Most of the cupboards I found the size of yours are priced at $1475, Some are in better condition. Some are worse condition. Some are walnut. Some are pine. Still the 10 or so I found were all priced around $1475-1525,

See the following photos. I know they are not exactly like yours but note the prices.

Yours should also be priced retail at $1475.

A private seller to a dealer can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

Thank you.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Doris