Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

How can i tell if a lithograph has been hand painted or

Customer Question

Customer: how can i tell if a lithograph has been hand painted or copied? They are in an old frame with paper across the back. my name ***** ***** Di Paolo
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it is J. Gould and H.C. Richter they are birds
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How do you do it?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

.
My name is***** will be happy to help you.
.
Please Note: I do not do phone calls~ I will not request a phone call ! If you get that in an email do not click that, it is not from me! There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct honest appraisal. I will not ever request a phone call!
.

Can you tell me what you mean exactly, a lithograph is a Print. Are you wanting to know how can you tell if a print is colored from a copier or hand colored?