rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I am looking on this dish. It's about 5 inches deep and

Customer Question

I am looking for answers on this dish. It's about 5 inches deep and 16 inches long. It's double stamped one stamp says Limoges the other Limoges coronet
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Please add a picture of the dish and the marks on the bottom so I that I can use these visual clues to date and value the piece.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I added them but they must not have gone through
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is a relish dish, also called a celery dish. It was made by Coiffe Limoges (star mark) with this mark being used 1891 to 1914. The other mark is that of the importer, Georg Borgfelt and this was his Coronet series of imported porcelain from France. He used this mark between 1906-1920. If we combine the timeline of these marks, it gives us a range of 1906 to 1914 when this piece could have been made and imported. The hand painting is exquisite and the gold has retained its luster. This dish has a value of $125.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.

Expert:  rarewares replied 12 months ago.

Is there anything else you need to know concerning this dish? If not, please do click the stars on your screen so that we can close out this question.