rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have several valuable antique pocket watches that my

Customer Question

I have several valuable antique pocket watches that my father collected. Do you know of a reliable source to buy some of these watches?
Thanks, Sharlene
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 11 months ago.

Let me know where you are in the country and I can give you a recommendation.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Kansas and/or Washington
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I forgot to say thank you so much

Renaissance Watch Repair also buys and has has a good reputation.

Renaissance Watch Repair 15100 SE 38th Street Suite 101 PMB 746 Bellevue, WA.(###) ###-#### ***** would of course have to see them in person to evaluate and make an offer.

Another option you may not have thought of is to contact an antiques auction that also has an online presence (invaluable.com and/or liveauctioneers.com). You can go on either of these websites and do searches by zip code, region so that you could find one nearest to you (pick the largest city near you for best prices at auction) . Once you find a local auction, you call them and let them know of your collection. If you consign, they will take it away for you and handle everything. This will cost a 10-20% commission off of the check that they would send you 14 to 45 days after the auction.

It would be best to visit Renaissance first, get a 'free' appraisal of what you have (you are under no obligation to sell to them) then show it to an auction house and see what their estimate is and make your decision that way.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.

I see that you have read my answer. I also see that you have requested a phone call, a service that I do not participate in. Was there more you wanted to know about the sale of your watches? You can ask here in the chat box.

These folks in Kansas also have a good reputation for buying pocket watches (link attached). http://www.pinnaclejewelrybuyers.com/kansas-city-quote-sell-your-jewelry/

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, I'm sorry, I didn't scroll down before requesting the phone call - I thought it was your request and that I needed to do it. I do not need a call, you have given me plenty of information to go on. I appreciate you very much...thank you. Sharlene

Great, I thought so. So now all you have to do is click the stars to rate me and you're done!

Is there anything else you need to know concerning your watches? If not, please do click the stars on your screen so that we can close out this question.