LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

Can you give me any information about this print and its

Customer Question

Hi can you give me any information about this print and its value please. My children have asked why this man is kissing a boy? do you think this is a boy
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 12 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the request. I can do the research and information for you this afternoon. Im at the doctor office right now and will back in my office around 11:00. I have looked at the photos it appears to be a young woman he is kissing not a boy. I will review the photos when I have a larger scteen. Im on a phone right now. I look forward to helping you. Tanya

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
thank you

I have found the following on your painting. It is a reproduction of one of the famous Venus and Adonis paintings Peter Paul Rubens did. Here is some information on the original artist Rubens:

The most famous painter of this era is Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640). Additionally, he was renowned as a scholar and diplomat who spoke and wrote French, German. Latin and Spanish in addition to his native Flemish. Classically trained, Rubens devoted himself to reproducing the Italian masters in his sketches and paintings, creating his artwork for nobility, private citizens and the Church.

As this is a painting based on a classical myth, The child flying in the upper right hand side is the cupid of love.

The value on this painting is $350.00 I have gone through several sales records and they average 350.00 in todays market. Very interesting painting. The original was done back in the 1620-1630s.

If I may be of further help please let me know. Thank you

Hello, if you have further questions please let me know. If I have completely helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid form the site.

********

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site:

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful.If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.

Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 11 months ago.

********