Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I BOUGHT A ZOLAN OIL ABOUT 35; TO 40 YEARS AGO CALLED

Customer Question

HELLO I BOUGHT A ZOLAN OIL ABOUT 35; TO 40 YEARS AGO CALLED "LITTLE MISS" CAN YOU GIVE ME A VALUE IT IS IN THE FRAME WITH A SMALL BRASS PLATE WITH "LITLE MISS" AND RICHARD JUDSON ZOLAN THANK YOU***@******.***
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 11 months ago.

Hey Chuck,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you with your question.

Can you give a rough estimate of the paintings dimensions? Also were you interested in reselling the painting or is this something you plan on hanging on to?

Thanks for your time today,

Frank

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

FRANK THE PAINTING IS ALMOST 20 INCHES BY 15 INCHES THE FRAME IS A LARGE WOODEN FRAME 30 BY 26 OLD DARK WOOD FRAME VERY ORNATE. WITH THE SMALL BRASS PLATE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE FRAME WITH RICHARD JUDSON ZOLAN AND ABOVE THAT IS "LITTLE MISS" AT THE MOMENT I AM NOT INTERESTED IN SELLING BUT THAT COULD CHANGE.ONE OF MY CHILDREN MAY WANT IT. IT REALLY DOESN'T FIT IN WITH MY CONDO THAT I HAVE NOW.

MY WIFE DIED 6 YEARS AGO AND I DO STILL HAVE SOME ITEMS FROM OUR OLD BIG HOUSE ONE THAT I WOULD LIKE TO SELL IS A VARQUENO DESK CHECK SPELLING. I AM SURE IT IS AT LEAST 100 YEARS OLD I BELIEVE IT WAS MADE IN MEXICO AND BROUGHT TO THE U S A BY MY HER PARENTS. IF THERE IS SOMEONE THAT KNOWS ABOUT THESE DESKS AND THINKS THERE IS SOME INTEREST I HAVE PICTURES. I KNOW THEY WERE A VERY POPULAR ITEM FOR INTERIOR DESIGNERS DOING SPANISH HOMES.

CHUCK

Expert:  Frank replied 11 months ago.

Very sorry to hear about the passing of your wife. We would be happy to assist you with the appraisal on that desk in any way we can if you can open a new question with photos of the piece.

As for the Zolan piece, I was digging into his latest sales results and based on current market values your 20" x 15" framed oil on canvas "Little Miss" would have a current auction estimate of 350-550USD. In a gallery setting if you were to attempt to resell the piece you would be looking at closer to 1800-2200USD for the painting assuming it is in tip top shape.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Best of luck with your Richard Zolan painting.

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You and take care,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.