Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Trying ti identify maker of my mother's bisque doll. Only

Customer Question

Trying ti identify maker of my mother's bisque doll. Only markings are on the back of the neck;
Top line- 16 H or 16 11 surrounded by a box
Middle line - Germany with the "G" in lower case style
Lower line - 167..6 (I think)
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 12 months ago.

Hello

Without more then Germany on the doll, there is no way to know who made this. Germany was a major country that porcelain dolls were made from during the 1800's early 1900's. The Letters and numbers are mold numbers. If you are liking a current market value I can do that for you based in some pictures and a size.

Glenda

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
with the given info are you saying that there is not information to identify a maker? Would attaching pictures help? I tried to add files but was unable to. Here is a linK to Picasa folder where you can view the pictures. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=110516655433248263481&target=ALBUM&id=6228624155095459089&authkey=Gv1sRgCNObk_WPxt2kNQ&feat=emailThere is a second doll in the pictures but not sure about this one either.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello

We do one item per question. Without a makers name or mark there is no way to know what company made this doll. The Government requires the country of origin to be on an item imported to the US. The doll probably at one time had a tag on it that indicated the maker. As I stated there were many doll makers in Germany. If there is no mark there is no way to know who made it. The sad part is that many companies, also copied each other so more then one company could make a look alike doll.

.

I am sorry there is no way to find the maker. The only way you might ever find the maker is if you run across the very same doll being sold or in a book by someone who actually still has the information on the maker.

Glenda

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you

You are welcome.