Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

I have an original Redbird senior acrylic painting called

Customer Question

I have an original Robert Redbird senior acrylic painting called "the medicine man." I contacted the artist for more information (believe his son responded) and am trying to recover that from a hard drive I can not currently access. Believe he told me
it was done in 73, but don't hold me to that part. It is framed and as far as I can tell, in mint condition. Can you tell me the value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 12 months ago.

Good day, my name is***** am happy to help you with your question.

Robert Redbird, Sr. (born in 1939) is an iconic native artist that paints in order to preserve and communicate the Kiowa culture. He is known primarily for his blanket-wrapped Southern Plains figures and depiction of Kiowa folklore. Redbird works in several medium but is most well known for accomplishing his works with an airbrush. Former Governor Brad Henry declared June 7, 2003 as "Robert Redbird Day" to celebrate the artist's many creative and humanitarian achievements.

In an appropriate auction his original paintings, similar to yours, have sold for $200.00 to $300.00.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you

You are welcome.