Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an appraisal request concerning Haviland. Marking is

Customer Question

I have an appraisal request concerning Haviland. Marking is H&Co L France Limoges. I have several sets that were my Grandmother's and my Great Grandmothers. I believe one of the patterns is Poppey. I have all of the pieces and large serving trays, medium
trays, and small trays also have bone dishes. Service for 12.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 12 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research up-to-date data to give the most accurate answer.
Besides there are extra system charges to you for live conversations.

You have service for 12. How many pieces does each person have?

The please give me the numbers of thhe serving pieces. For example - 3 large trays, 4 medium trays, 12 bone dishes????

I also need a photo of a plate so I can see the pattern.

Finally, I need a photo of the marks on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

I look forward to your replies.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Each person has 6 place setting pieces. Regarding the trays there is one in each size. There are 12 bone dishes. The conditions are perfect by the way on all pieces. I will be happy to send you photo of the marking and of the pattern. I will need some time to unwrap the plate and to photograph the plate and markings. How do I get them to you after a delay?

Just return back to this response and plug in your answers.

Or you can sign off , take the photos and sign back in. Your response box should be there.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Good thing I am unpacking boxes. There are also 12 individual butter pat dishes. I will send you also a photo of a complete place setting and the serving pieces.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
There are also berry bowls.

That would be helpful.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I also found the sugar and creamer. On the bottom of the soup bowl it also says The St. LAZARE. I'll take a picture of this, too.
I also found a dresser tray. Mark is JP__L.France J. Pouyat Limoges. Can you give me a value on that, please. I also have an antique satin phoenix glass yellow saline and pearl diamond quilted orb 12 inches around and 5 inches high. The other thing it have a question about right now is a L'ECHO bronze statue 20 inches tall. What is the value?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have croesis, lalique, Mt. Washington, U.S. Prussia, Antique carnival, other patterns of Haviland as well.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have 7 perfect pieces of Pheonix glass. Tall vases and lamp bases and some short vases. I am guessing about 200-250 per item. Am I close?

I am sorry but I can only assess one item per question. In this case, it is the Haviland set of china. I can include the sugar, creamer and soup bowl as they are part of the set.

It is against site - Just Answer - policy to stack several unrelated items in one question.

You will need to submit other questions for the additional unrelated items you ask about here.

I look forward to your photos of the Haviland set and its marks.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for the education. I shall submit these and other items through the use of individual questions.

You are welcome. I would be happy to help you with your other questions. You will need to type "Doris" at the first of the questions for them to be sure to get to me.

I can still work on your Haviland here.

Kind regards,

Doris