Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a standing closet circa late 1800 to early 1900, made

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I have a standing closet circa late 1800 to early 1900, made in Germany. It belonged to my grandfather and is now housed with an aunt. How do I go about getting an appraisal on it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The closet is free standing, dark wood, walnut I believe, it has a mirrored front and a draw below, the top is hand carved, my mom told me it was a carving of the Kaisers hat, that may just be folklore. I intend to sell it since my aunt will be moving and I now need to get it out of her home.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yest how do I pay?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.

Do you have any photos of the piece you may be able to send? There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows: UPLOAD:The link below will direct you through our upload processhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert EMAIL:You can also email pictures to support@justanswer.com with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.Thank you for your time,Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can do that later tonite, I am 72 and not tech savy. But, my son will be able to later. Will that be ok?
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

That is not a problem at all. I look forward to hearing from you.

Frank