Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I HAVE A FULL SET OF LUISE SELTMANN WELDEN BOUGHT IN GERMANY

Customer Question

I HAVE A FULL SET OF MARIE LUISE SELTMANN WELDEN BOUGHT IN GERMANY IN 1951 STAMPED ON DISHES. DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS WORTH?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

.
My name is***** will be happy to help you.
.
Please Note: I am sorry I do not do phone calls~ I will not request a phone conversation with you, if you get that in an email do not click that, it will result in further charges.

There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.

I will not send you a email requesting a phone conversation, this will not be coming from me!
.
Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers do not work for the just answer site. We come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you. We are not at the Just Answer site, we are independent Appraisers who come to the site.
.

How many pieces are in your set and what are they?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are white with gold trim on the edges. there are 8 dinner plates, 8 salad plates, 8 coffee cups and saucers, gravy bowl, coffee creamer and sugar bowl on a plate, two serving dishes - another gravy bowl.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

.
The Marie Luise Seltman China origin Germany 1950's, service for 8 has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $700.00-850.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
PS:
I would greatly appreciate it if you took a moment to rate my answer to you. You do so by clicking the stars, this is the only way I am paid for my time answering your question. Doing so does not cost you any additional money, I am paid by the Just Answer site, not the customer.

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 12 months ago.

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this questions, as I see it is not rated yet. If there was a problem with the answer I provided for you?
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda