Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Silver valued at $6000 dollars in 2000. has this changed?

Customer Question

silver valued at $6000 dollars in 2000. has this changed?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Trevor,

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your question.

The current value of your silver is almost certainly different from the 2000 value, but it's impossible to say by how much without knowing what the items are.

The value of silver tableware (if that is what it is that you have) is linked to the spot bullion price of pure silver. In the year 2000 this was around A$5.00 per Troy ounce. Today silver is trading at roughly A$20 an ounce so theoretically the value of your silver should be four times as much. However, it depends what items you have. If it is antique silver, the increase will not be that great, unless it's by a particular maker with a strong following of collectors.

If you would like me to value certain items from the collection, I would be happy to.

I prefer to do one item per question as JustAnswer pays me by the question (I am not employed by JustAnswer, I'm an independent agent).

Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Best wishes,
Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Trevor, Thanks for getting back to me. Please ignore the live phone call request, it did not come from me. These are automatically generated by the site, cost you an extra A$25, and don't help with this kind of appraisal where photos are required, so I apologized for the unnecessary distraction.

If you are somehow handicapped and unable to use a keyboard without difficulty, I completely understand. Maybe you could find someone your end who could help you with the task.

Best wishes,

Robert