Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a setting of Starlight pattern of Chalfonte

Customer Question

I have a setting of Starlight pattern of Chalfonte Porzellan. I have 8 dinner and luncheon plates, 8 soup and dessert bowls, 8 cups and saucers, a gravy boat with underplate, 8 ash trays, a vegetble bowl. Can it be used in the dishwasher or is it gold leaf? Is it worth selling or just keep it to use? thank you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 12 months ago.

.
My name is***** will be happy to help you.
.
Please Note: I am sorry I do not do phone calls~ I will not request a phone conversation with you, if you get that in an email do not click that, it will result in further charges.

There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.

I will not send you a email requesting a phone conversation, this will not be coming from me!
.
The Starlight by Chalfonte service for 8 with extra's has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $750.00-950.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
PS:
I would greatly appreciate it if you took a moment to rate my answer to you. You do so by clicking the stars, this is the only way I am paid for my time answering your question. Doing so does not cost you any additional money, I am paid by the Just Answer site, not the customer.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Is the trim gold leaf or can the dishes go in the dishwasher?
thank you

Hello

I would not put them in the Dishwasher, the heat from the Dishwasher can damage vintage dishes, it makes them very dull looking.

.

.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
PS:

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this questions, as I see it is not rated yet. If there was a problem with the answer I provided for you?
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda