Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I Have a sterling silver "old" milk pitcher from when they

Customer Question

I Have a sterling silver "old" milk pitcher from when they had curds in the milk and it has a grate in the front of the porespout, it is engraved on the bottem by Tiffanies,can you help me to determine a price or where I could sell something like that I also have a bronze state I call the flower madien with Mathurin Mareaus's signature on the back shoulder, as well several teapots one that is musical can you help me to know what I should do....Thank you sincerely
Ida L Boren ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Please add pictures of the pitcher and of any marks on the bottom by using the add files button in the lower right of our screen.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Ida,

Were you able to get photos of your item to add here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am so sorry that I got delayed, but first I had to convince my bank that I had indeed made this purchase & it was not a fraudulent. That it WAS ME that made the purchase, Chase has had previous issues with fraud & I do appreciate them being so vigilant and then I got sick, so I am REALLY sorry for the delay & yes I did get pictures which I will upload to you. But I was wrong it isn't Tiffanie's, but Reed & Barton (just as good) it has the heart above the two names above the & sign and then a serial number I guess 5484 under that is 32oz. It should I guess either be around late 1800 to early 1900's Grandpa used drive a covered wagon from Valencia to Newport Beach, CA where he then became the superintendent of the school district, but was a farm owner first. They made a lamp out of the wagon wheels which the auntie took :(, but I still received quite a few of grandmas things....this being 1 but I have so much I really need to downsize. Any & all help is appreciated, You should be able to resubmit the card number tomorrow, I do apologize for any & all inconvenience I am trying to locate the cord to download the pics or use my husbands phone.....Thoughtfully & Sincerely ***** at(###) ###-####
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Great, Ida!

There is no need for photos, I know this piece by the shape number. This is a Reed and Barton silver plated (not sterling) ice water pitcher in shape number 5484, but it is not from the time period you suggested. The gate on the spout is for holding back ice. The heart on the bottom is the date code for 1956. This pitcher has a value of $35.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.