rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I found a set of Crown Ducal china in an antique store. It

Customer Question

I found a set of Crown Ducal china in an antique store. It looks like the pattern number CRD66, but the rims are maroon/burgundy, not green. I can't find any reference online to this pattern in maroon!! Perhaps it was not as popular? When was this produced and how much is this worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you provide a picture of the mark?

Also, could you provide the type of pieces that you have?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sending some pics for you. There are 43 pieces, including 8 dinner plates, 8 cereal bowls, 5 small bowls, 3 small plates, 3 platters of various sizes, soup tureen, sugar bowl, gravy boat. Also, is there a name and number for this pattern?Thanks,Melissa
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply

From the backstamp, the set ins from 1915-1920.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of

Dinner plate - 20$ for each unit

Cereal bowl - 12$ for each unit

Small bowl - 11$ for each unit

Large platter - 100$ for each unit

Small platter - 50$ for each unit

Soup tureen - 90$ for each unit

Sugar bowl - 30$ for each unit

Gravy boat - 40$ for each unit

If you want to sell the unit I would recommend to sell them on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. You can also sell the lot locally, Craigslist is free, and a lot of collectors look at the ads on Craiglist.

Keep in mind if you sell the unit to a resell shop, the price will decrease 20-30% from market value.

You can sell the item on Etsy, it's like you put the item in a online shop. You may also check Amazon Market Place. Both places have good reputation, and you can easily sell the items for a good price.

Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise, please, remember to rate my answer!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you find a name or pattern number for the China? I have not been able to find any additional pieces online with the burgundy rims, only green. The number for the green is crd66.
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

The pattern name is CRD94

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this considered a rare pattern? I cannot find additional pieces anywhere online.
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Yes, in this color, it's considered as a rare pattern. The other one, CRD66 is not as rare as the one that you have.