Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

I found a violin, Kodak Fiftieth Anniversary 1880/1930 box

Customer Question

I found a violin, Kodak Fiftieth Anniversary 1880/1930 box camera, a metal St Nazaire matchbox, and a wooden S.W. Card Man'f'g Co box. Are they worth anything?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

We answer just one question per request, so you need to choose one of these items. If it is the violin you want me to appraise, please tell me the exact wording on the label in the violin.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Kodak box camera is the main item.

Okay, let's do that one!

This camera was issued to celebrate Kodak's 50th anniversary in 1930. As you can imagine, it was issued in enormous numbers, and everyone wanted one. Consequently, it is not rare. They are plentiful on the market. That's why only those in perfect condition with the original packaging command the highest prices.

Based on recent sales of this camera, if your camera is in excellent condition with no original packaging, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $50. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount, or $20, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.

Thank you so much!

Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 12 months ago.

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?

Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.