Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have two Boehm porcelain rabbits which were given to me in

I have two Boehm porcelain rabbits which were given to me in the 1970's. What
are they worth today?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research up-to-date data to give the most accurate answer.
Besides there are extra system charges to you for live conversations.

Please send two photos -

one of the rabbits

one of the marks on the bottom

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

Then I need the height of the rabbits.

I look forward to your replies.

Kind regards,

Doris

Please also tell me if you have the original boxes for your rabbits.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not have any boxes
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Are these about 4" tall?

Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. Here is a little information on the maker:Boehm is the collector's name for the porcelains of Edward Marshall Boehm. In 1949, Boehm had developed a hard-paste porcelain that he used to make sculptures. He started the Osso China Company and in 1953 it was reorganized as Edward Marshall Boehm, Inc. The company is still working in New Jersey. In the early days of the factory, dishes were made, but the elaborate and lifelike bird figurines are the best-known ware. Edward Marshall Boehm, the founder, died in 1969, but the firm has continued to design and produce porcelain. It was acquired by Applejack Art Potteries in 2008, had financial problems, and was sold in 2009 to ***** ***** Parker and a group of investors. Today, the firm makes both limited and unlimited editions of figurines.

On your rabbits I just need to know if you have a name on them and their size I then can give you the current value on each. There are nine different rabbits made so a number or name of the two you have is all that I need to give you a value. thank you and I look forward to helping you.

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I did not opt out of this question but, I know you put in a phone call request and one of the other expert talked to you on the phone. Did you get the value for your Rabbits?

Glenda

oh forgive me I had seen an opt out Glenda. Thank you