Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have 8 mahogany dining room chairs 6 side and 2 arm

Customer Question

I have 8 mahogany dining room chairs 6 side and 2 arm chairs. They have the Real Mahogany labels and are numbered. The style is harp back with wheat cut out.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

.
My name is***** will be happy to help you.
.
Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal. I will not send you a email requesting a phone conversation, this will not be coming from me!
.
Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers do not work for the just answer site. We come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you. We are not at the Just Answer site, we are independent Appraisers who come to the site.
.

What are you wanting to know about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am interested in selling my dining room chairs and I would like an appraisal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are genuine mahogany with the Genuine Mahogany labels and numbered. The style is (I believe) harp back with wheat trim on the four ribs. They have been in our family for 75-80 years and are in original ( not the seat fabric) finish. Excellent condition
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Can you send a picture of these?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For heavens sake have I just been taken by a scam?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

A phone conversation is not needed, in order for me to value these. I only need to see a picture of these ! Can you send a picture of these?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will find some one to help me send pictures of my chairs.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

That would be great or if you can describe them to me I can work with that.

Glenda